30 Nights Wild, night 6

The weather tonight was, if anything, even worse than last night, with stronger wind and heavier rain. I decided to wait for a 'token' badger to keep my unbroken record and then have an early night.

Dome hide for wet weather badger watching

Fortunately, I didn't have to wait long for the cub Nicola to emerge for some peanuts. Strong gusts of wind frightened her and she kept rushing back to the sett. When she'd had enough, I left quietly.


There was still enough light to find my way along the path through the wood, but along the way I nearly tripped over a badger which was crossing the path! I'm not sure which of us was more surprised. The camera trap showed that Nicola was soon out again and top boar Jeremy joined her half an hour later. There was no sign of the other badgers which were presumably taking advantage of the wet weather to forage for worms in the field.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collecting Tansy Seed

Maldives 2016: Wildlife on the Island

30 Nights Wild, night 30