Otter Cam

I returned to the old fish farm near Driffield to check the camera traps. The camera under the bridge had two photos on it, both of mink. When I got to the other camera trap, which I’d left on a track connecting the river to a ditch, I was surprised to find it had been knocked over and lay face down in the grass. I’d attached the camera to a post which was well dug into the ground. When I checked the photos, I discovered that it had been flattened last Friday evening, within a few hours of me setting it up. However, an hour earlier it had photographed an otter! As a blurry infrared camera trap photo, it won’t win any prizes, but it’s a start. I can now put out better equipment and maybe get some quality photos in next few weeks.


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collecting Tansy Seed

Maldives 2016: Wildlife on the Island

Fen Bog