Garden Birds

I’ve been trying to film the birds coming to a ground feeder in the middle of my lawn. Placing a camera beside it immediately made the birds suspicious and most refused to come anywhere near it! However, a few did turn up after a while. The woodpigeons took the lead and I’ve had a few unexpected visitors. There was a magpie, which I rarely see in the garden these days, and a jay turned up for the first time ever.

Woodpigeon

Magpie

Jay

Rooks and jackdaws have been down, but they’ve been too wary to be filmed. Even the collared doves have evaded the camera. The smaller birds are usually on or under my hanging feeder, but I managed to get very short clips of a coal tit and a robin on the ground feeder.
 
Coal tit and Robin

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collecting Tansy Seed

Maldives 2016: Wildlife on the Island

30 Nights Wild, night 30