Wild Goose Chase

Today I returned to the old fish farm near Driffield (see 9th Jan), to check the camera trap I’d left under a bridge. It was still there, which was a relief after all the rain we've had, but when I checked the photos there was absolutely nothing. I changed the batteries and left the camera there. I then walked along the river bank to one of the tracks that we thought might be used by an otter. I now think that geese may be using these tracks and not otters at all. The sure way to find out was to put up my other camera trap and leave it for another week or so. Will it photograph an otter, or will it be a wild goose chase? I’ll be back in a couple of weeks, to find out.

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Collecting Tansy Seed

Maldives 2016: Wildlife on the Island

30 Nights Wild, night 30